Saturday, March 3, 2007

A little depressed at the moment.

Days fall between nights
stumbling across weeks and months,
lights flashing, and people passing.
A whirlwind of sound and color.

I find myself surrounded,
surrounded by your own paraphernalia.
Your shirt on my back, your bed sheets hugging me,
tightly in the night. My head on your pillow.
It's like being lost in a forest, where all the trees,
and all the leaves have your name and face.

They whisper to me, in the darkness.
Words hope, words of hate, words of love.
Encouraging me, pushing me down.

I walk down a path, solitude is my only ally.
My self worth has slowly begun to flutter away.
I chase it, running, one foot in front of the other.
Faster! Faster! One foot in front of the other.

There is a light.

And you are standing there.
With all of your grace and majesty.
Head held high, looking down on me.
It's just the three of us.
You. Me. My self worth.
Only two of us will make it out alive.

No comments: